The THU Experince is almost impossible to describe. I am however gonna give it a try. So with the aid of a little video, som cool people, a few interviews and some vlogging skills near level one, let’s see how it goes.
What is THU?
THU (Trojan Horse was a Unicorn) is a digital artist conference in Portugal. But it is more like a mixture of a festival and a convention – with a very homey feel. It’s super hard to describe, and that’s why you need to go there. But be quick about it, ’cause the tickets sell out quick!
In this video, I try to describe what THU 2017 was like. Then I feature the second day of my vlogging adventure (which is extremely difficult). After that, I have a few interviews. One with Chaos Group’s own Chris Nichols from the CG Garage Podcast* and another with my friend and classmate Svend Kruse Rønslund.
The speakers at THU come from all around the digital art industry, from VFX, 3D and CGi, to traditional animation and filmmaking. They are indie people, big comporate guys, from disney or working out of their mom’s basement. Every artist type is represented, and all are equally respected in the tribe.
I summary, you should go to Trojan Horse was a Unicorn because:
- You’ll meet amazing people and make friends for life.
- The talks are super inspiring.
- Some of the talks are secret, and will never be recorded!
- The food is awesome (a guy with 2 Michelin stars made me a burger)
- You might inspire the rest of us with your awesome work.
- It’s great weather in Portugal! (if you come from Denmark)
* he also did a podcast with me – so now we’re square. 😁 It’s coming out soon.